Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday's Uniform

Today was Thursday Therapy day.  Natalee's Physical Therapists kept her super busy again this afternoon and she was again exhausted when she got home!  She loves going and talks about her Miss Meagan often.  Tonight when we left Natalee gave Meagan a big hug and told her "thank you" without any prompting.  
Next week she will add Occupational Therapy into her schedule and will go for an hour!  Considering that 30 minutes wears her out I imagine an hour will do her in completely!  We don't make any other plans for Thursday evenings so we can come home, lounge, eat supper & send Miss Thing to bed early.  She was in at 7:30 tonight and fast asleep soon after and mostly laid on the couch or sat in her little recliner before supper.  I'm certainly not complaining because we are grateful for this service the school is providing for our little girl and know how important these therapies are.  
I'm grateful that we, as parents, are welcomed in to observe and glean ideas from the therapists that we can implement at home.  Tonight Natalee's activities included tricycle riding (I'd LOVE for her to learn to ride!...this is something we've worked on and not accomplished at homme so we need help with it!), balancing on one leg on a platform ball while doing fine motor activities, jumping on a trampoline (trying to jump independently, jumping while throwing a ball, getting on and off the trampoline without assistance), & big steps with a resistance band & walking sideways & backwards.





You'll notice Natalee is wearing the same outfit today as in last Thursday's therapy post.  This morning when I was preparing her for the day & told her it was a Miss Meagan therapy day she immediately said, "Oh, I gotta get my Cancun shirt."  Sure enough, when I racked my brain I remembered Meagan commenting on her Cancun shirt...so apparently Natalee's made this her Thursday uniform.  I will try to get her to switch things up and move past that mind frame.  Maybe Miss Meagan would like to see a sparkly butterfly shirt or a Curious George shirt! :)

1 comment:

Shonya said...

Chuckle, isn't it funny how kiddos can remember things like that?! Kiana is all about clothes too, cracks me up! :)