Thursday, January 19, 2012

Physical Therapy- Day 1

Natalee had her first physical therapy session today. Well, first session since she was dismissed over a year ago after she met her goals at that time. I'm appreciative of how kind & caring her PT & student PT were and how quickly they transitioned her from one activity to the next.  A couple of times I caught myself thinking "why didn't I think to do that with her?" I'm glad to have her in their expert hands where their minds are trained & full of ideas to help her! I'm also thankful that they seem unfazed that we come from work so we come as a family.  They even let us sit in the therapy room so we can listen and sometimes see what Natalee is working on, though I did try to stay out of her line of sight for the most part as I know how easily distracted she can be.  Today Natalee practiced balancing on one leg on a balance ball, jumping on the very resistant trampoline, catching & throwing, kicking, walking with a stretchy band around her legs & walking backwards. They were prepared for her when we arrived and didn't lapse the whole time we were there, even when she said "I don't like this game" to their catching activity!  She is also absolutely exhausted tonight!  Her little body is curled up in the chair with dad and she usually plays hard until bed...lots of work for little muscles!  Thanks Meagan & Megan!



2 comments:

Meagan said...

Look at that pregnant therapist!!! :) it's gonna be so much fun working with your precious babe!

Anonymous said...

Glad you both had a good first session, a good therapist makes all the difference.

Mom