Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Sensory Smart Mommy Confesses

This blog isn't all about smiles & sunshine {just most of it}. I have to share my failure of the day. Today I was dozing on the couch at my folks' house & Natalee was supposed to be dozing in the recliner with her grandma & was really fidgety. She turned to my & asked "brush me mama" {Wilbarger Brushing Protocol followed by joint compressions...more about it later} & instead of seeing her need & responding I blew her off & told her id do it later. The brushing does seem to calm her and reorientate her sensory system...so frustrated at my lazy self for missing a chance to give her what she needed especially when she verbally expressed her need!
Everyday's a day to learn & grow...here's to righting wrongs & trying harder next time!

No comments: