Monday, April 16, 2012

My Little Man

Sometimes I worry that in the sensory smart shuffle of life here at the Beeler house the little man gets lost in the ebb & flow.  The good news is he's too cute and too sweet for me to let that happen.  What I'm realizing is that the sensory smart/more natural lifestyle can be for everyone.  All of us.  And that includes Xavier. 
He is thriving from techniques I've picked up from school, from research, from friends...
We've started "cheering" at the table for brave eaters and Xavier has begun eating 'most' nights.  The other night he even ate all his broccoli. :)

He's doing well with herbal remedies for different little ailments too (cold, allergies, constipation, etc) and I think our diet changes were for the good of everyone so they'll be staying and more changes will be continual!

However...
I'm also realizing Xavier is his own person.  While Natalee (and I) like routine, structure, and repetition, Xavier doesn't mind flying by the seat of his pants.  He's happy to go along, excited when someone stops by, ready to try something new.  He is bashful and flirtatious--recently started "shying" away from people (which we are working on...I don't want him to be the child that hides behind his mother's skirts...if I wore a skirt that is).  He is also brave, ornery, and has wild ideas that Mike & I have never faced before.

So while we're trying to be sensory smart here at the Beeler house we're also giving due diligence to making sure we don't squash the spunky yet lovey little boy that Xavier's turning out to be.  We feed his sensory integration with messes, experiences, opportunities, and invitations...same as Natalee except completely different.  Ha...make sense of that.  It makes sense in my head!

We're so blessed...God knew Xavier was exactly the companion Natalee would need and vice versa.  He shows us how simple life can be sometimes.  He can leave the house, not knowing where we're going, with 1 little car in his pocket and be perfectly content.  The joy of not needing to plan ahead...
My son....

No comments: