Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flowers: We've Reached the Imagination Stage!

I'm grateful for good co-workers who say, "Don't you have your camera or phone handy?"
And I'm grateful my phone was in my pocket!

Today at recess Natalee took this 3 little pots and filled them with sand.  She's done this lots of times before and she lines them up on the bench.  Then she usually leaves them and hustles off to do something else.  

Today, however, she went and found 3 rocks and planted her "seeds" deep in her pots.  Then she stood still and looked and looked and looked the playground over with her eyes until she spotted a patch of dandelions.  She hustled off to pick some and came back and declared, "My flowers grew really fast!" 


And there you have her perfect little flower pots.  I'm so pleased that we've entered the imagination stage (FINALLY) and I'm excited to see these little developmental hills be climbed.  Now our weekend task is to find a way to let this girlie plant something real.  Time to dig out the pots, get some dirt and get our hands messy!  Weekend project!!

No comments: