Sunday, March 25, 2012

H2O

No, the sensory smart mama has gone astray from our new "smart life."  We are living in God's blessing of a 70+ degree March and spending plenty of time outside!  Sandy floors, sandy baby hair, and sandy shoes have become a way of life for the Sensory Smart home...but only a year ago little Xabe cried when we put him in the sand and now he can't get enough!  Natalee loves it as well, and I sit in awe when I sit back and watch them scamper up the slide unassisted or run and play without stumbling.  My babies...well they aren't such babies any more.  *sniff, sniff*

I do want to update you all to let you know that Mike and I finally bit the bullet and bought a Brita water filter for our kitchen faucet! :)  It was only $20 but, as I've mentioned before, I'm cheap. :)  We're adjusting to flipping the switch back and forth to filtered/unfiltered water for drinking and washing/cooking.  I have to admit, the filtered water tastes different...something I wouldn't have thought was possible, but I keep telling myself it's because there's so much less chlorine and other "bad things" in it!  One more step towards hitting our goals...!

I also was the recipient of the gift of a huge aloe vera plant...I call her Miss Sue and she's living out on my porch right now.  I was able to split her when we re-potted her and so we have a big Miss Sue pot and a smaller Little Susy plant. :)  Living naturally is exciting...and it's coming more and more 'naturally' to me!

1 comment:

Breanna said...

what a blessing sue is/will be!!! :) love blessings from others!!!! and SWEET about brita! i can totally taste the difference :)