Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's the Little Things

Life is often all about a bunch of little things that are rolled together to make big memories.  We have some "big" things going on in our life right now but among them I have been praying about a "little" thing.  You may think it's silly but here you go:
The thought has crossed my mind many times since Natalee started therapy that a trampoline would not only benefit her but also be a great source of energy & stress relief for her....and the rest of the family might enjoy it, too!  Then I would price them and let the thought go.  Mike and I don't buy large "non-necessities" like ever so to just go buy a trampoline would not be our mode of functioning.  We had talked about and pretty much settled on budgeting part of our tax refund for a trampoline but for some reason I was still dragging my feet since the refund came.  So, I decided to just pray about it.  I've been re-reading the Duggars' books again and I find great inspiration in that they pray about every decision - big and small.  Instead of praying, "Lord if you want us to get the children a trampoline send me a sign," or something vague like that I decided to stretch myself and pray more specifically.  As soon as I did I knew that it was the reason I'd been dragging my feet...because I didn't want to "blow" that tax refund money without being sure it was a good decision.  The prayer I prayed was, "Lord, if you think a trampoline would be beneficial for our family, please show us a way to provide the children one without dipping into the tax refund."  Feeling peace, I left it at that.  I prayed that prayer on the way home from my IA shopping trip on Friday and as soon as I got home Mike left for a computer job.  He was home in a couple hours and as these are routine I didn't think much about it...but then he said, "while I was fixing that computer [someone else] called me to do some network repair on [their company] computers.  We'll have a nice little chunk of extra cash."  Feeling bubbly I shared my prayer with him, and he too saw it as a direct answer...
Since we don't believe in coincidence we can only determine that this is His way of blessing our little "extra"... the 2 extra jobs Mike did will cover the cost (with net) and the tax with maybe a little left over.  So, if you need us...we'll be in the backyard! :)

3 comments:

Breanna said...

this just gives me chills!!! <3

Heather said...

It is amazing how God works isn't it! I do not think this is silly, it is a great testimony of how God works in our lives every day! He cares about the little things as much as the big!!

Heather said...

Isn't it amazing how God works! He cares about the little things in our lives as much as the big! We serve and Awesome God!!