Saturday, March 10, 2012

Homemade Play-Doh Using Natural Dye

I made a quick batch of play-dough this morning using blueberry juice that I've had in the freezer since my baby food making days.  The juice is leftover from when I boiled and mashed blueberries for making baby food.  It was....old.  :)  I found a recipe somewhere online and it worked wonderfully!  Easy, with simple clean-up.  And it's pretty!

Here you go:
1 cup flour
1 cup dyed water (mine was the blueberry "juice"...you could boil flowers, beets, etc to make your water).
1/2 cup salt
1 TSBP cream of tarter
1 TBSP cooking oil

Combine all ingredients in a pan.  Put the pan on medium to low heat and keep stirring until mixture forms a ball.  It will stick to the bottom and side of the pan too!  Dump ball out on a floured surface and knead well until the consistency is just right...you'll know when!

That's it folks...doesn't get much easier than this!


And as an added bonus this smells delicious!

No comments: