Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oh Me, Oh My!

Has it seriously been ALL summer since I've blogged???  I've been so crazy busy.  I finished up teaching a few random days of ECSE ESY, we camped for almost 2 WEEKS in the CO Rocky Mountains (more on how we did our best to make that a sensory smart trip later!), and I began watching the darlings of Miss Jenn's Joyful Jamboree on and off throughout the months.

To catch up briefly...
We got cubbies!  These gems were in Memphis at the home of a single dad who didn't want them.  $30 made them mine...they are double sided so on the backside (that's painted tangerine) we have all the dress up items.  The bins in the bottom on both sides house toys.


Here's the tribe!  A and R don't come on the same days....A comes only on Fridays and R comes Monday through Thursdays.

From L to R from top...
H, (my) Natalee, R, (my) Xavier
K, Ch, A
 L to R:  Xavier, R, H, A, K, Natalee, Ch

They are a loveable bunch and overall have played very peacefully with each other. 

The summer has been a whirlwind but I'm looking forward to joining back in the blogger world and keeping a log of our sensory smart days and preschool learning experiences!  Next week we begin calendar time and after Labor Day we will begin preschool time!

Overall, I just have to throw in here that this is just what I dreamed for my own two babies.  Take a minute to pick them out of the bottom picture.  Xavier, loving on sweet R, whom he checks on several times a day.  And Natalee, playing dress up, which was an imaginative game she totally didn't get until she had new friends to teach her!  While I sometimes get lonely for my work friends and our friend and babysitter Lora Jean, I don't miss the paperwork and the constant struggle with myself to be perfect in a school system that's not.  I'm enjoying doing laundry and making good meals for my family (and daycare sweeties), playing tea party, giving hugs, correcting with the fruits of the spirit, and wearing comfy clothes and no make-up every day!  Most of all, my kids are enjoying it, too.

When I posted this as my Facebook status this morning: 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! I've missed reading your blogs. And as I am getting ready to go back to school I expect the up dates to be more up to date!

Lauren