Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Homemade Bug Spray

I made bug spray tonight.  It was way easier than it sounds and involved no cooking and barely any thinking!
It was also very cost effective, because I had most of the essential oils that the recipe called for on hand already.  Essential oils can seem pricey when you are purchasing them but they last a long time because you need so little when you use them.  So really, they are an investment.

Anyhow...the super easy recipe, courtesy of my friend, Lora Jean:
4 ounces of purified water (I used distilled water)
4 drops of Thyme oil
4 drops of Lavender oil
4 drops of Peppermint oil
4 drops of Geranium oil
I also added the recommended 1 tsp of Herbal Trim to my bottle (benefits of Herbal Trim include: provides moisture to smooth and soften skin, promotes healthy-looking skin tone, is easily absorbed and non-greasy).
My spray bottle came from Dollar Tree.

That's it!  Easy as that!  And cost efficient.

The recommendation for children ages 1-5 is to use 4 oz of water and 2 drops each of all 4 oils with 1 tsp of Herbal Trim.  
For babies under 1...2 oz water, 4 drops Lavender oil, 1 drop of Peppermint oil, and 1 tsp Herbal Trim.  
An all natural, easy bug spray at your (& my) convenience!  This excites me beyond belief!

If you are interested in Herbal Trim or in purchasing any of the oils from my favorite herbal company, Natures' Sunshine, contact me before you order...I can help you get the member's cost prices you see on the screen instead of the retail cost!

No comments: